Thursday, June 2, 2011

What Brings You Comfort & Joy?

I remember many years ago I saw a movie called "Pay It Forward" about a boy who saw an act of kindness done to him, and in return he was asked to pay it forward by doing 3 acts of kindness for three strangers, and they would do the same. It's a wonderful concept, and think that more people should adopt this idea.

Ever notice that at the holiday time people seem more willing to give, and more charitable and hospitable? I think it's great that people want to help, but I think this should be out mentality all year long.

Giving back is what brings me joy. I love to help at a food shelter and see the smiling faces of the people who come in for a meal, which is sometimes their only meal that day. I love to wrap gifts for kids who don't have parents at home because they are in jail, or have passed away.

I know it's cliche to say that giving back is really a gift to myself, but it really is.

When you give, I think your heart grows bigger. Each time you give of yourself, you always end up receiving so much more in return.

This is an important thing to remember, not only during the holidays, but all year long!

May God Bless and Keep You!

Share the love today:Softness Worth Sharing web site: http://kleenex.com/softnessworthsharing
Send a free pack of Kleenex tissue to someone special!


“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Kleenex blogging program, making me eligible to get a $40 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.” (http://sharekleenex.twittermoms.com/about)

Kleenex Softness Worth SharingKleenex Soft Tissues

No comments:

Post a Comment