Thursday, November 18, 2010

10 tips for weaving the hottest runway trends into your day-to-day looks

I LOVE fashion. I have been watching Project Runway since the show started, and I can't get enough of "Say Yes To The Dress", so when I saw that we had a chance to provide tips for adding in the hottest trends into our wardrobe, I was very excited.

I follow designers like Michael Kors, DKNY, D&G, Milly and more. With the start of Facebook, twitter and blogs it is so much easier to find out what designers are up to. I don't have to make it to all the runway shows, I can simply look them up online. It really is amazing how far we have come.

This year it seems to be animal prints, furs and more leggings. I must admit I was not a fan of any of these trends when they first came out, but I am slowly warming to them.

Here are my Ten Tips:
1. Mix Scarves into your wardrobe. I think that scarves are a great way to add color, or add texture to a look. You can add sequin scarves, striped, polka dot etc. It's fun, and easy!
2. Add Bling - Try some chunky jewelry. I am enjoying checking out costume jewelry online and am really enjoying the large rings. They add some flare!
3. Don't be afraid of print. If you want to stay professional at work, try a cheeta print cardigan, but stick with a solid top and solid pants. It is still professional, and not overkill on the pattern.
4. Fur (faux of course) is your friend - A vest or sweater with a faux fur collar can look very classy when paired with a sleek skirt or slacks. It's cute, and also warm.
5. Leggings - This is a trend that I have finally succumbed to. Under a bouncy skirt or shorter skirt leggings are the perfect solution for immodest skirts, or for outfits that need a bit more visual interest. Try solid and patterned leggings.
6. Skinns Pants - Not everyone can work the skinny pant, but they look wonderful with a pair of high heel boots, and a tunic style top. I personally like to cover some of my "bedonkidonk" with a tunic, since skinny pants tend to be very fitted, so it's a great look.
7. Sequins - Too many of these can look gaudy or like a vegas show girl, but in moderation they are good. I like to mix a sequin top with a cardigan or blazer and jeans. It's ok in moderation.
8. Cardigans - They are everywhere. I LOVE these, and have one in almost every color, but they can get boring, so try adding a skinny belt to the look, or add a scarf!
9. Wide belts - I love the look of having a tunic top or dress paired with a wide belt to accentuate the waise or umpire waist. It looks classy, and flatters the figure.
10. Argyle - I am not preppy, nor do I pretend to be, but I enjoy argyle. It's a classy pattern that is appropriate for work, church, an evening out etc. It's versatile and timeless.

I think I could ramble on and on about fashion, and the places I love to shop. Recently I've found wonderful deals at places like WetSeal and Charlotte Russe, where they arent NYC Fashion labels, but they are just as cute and stylish. I'm really into the faux fur and cardigan looks right now, and love pairing them with larger jewelry, but I have to admit that my pet peeve is jewelry that makes noise. I hate walking into the office jingling or clanging as I walk, so I make sure to avoid "noisy" jewelry at al costs.

I hope you enjoyed my tips, and I can't wait to hear yours!

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Kenmore blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.” (make sure you link to http://SearsKenmore.twittermoms.com/about)

Kenmore EliteInnovative Top Load Washer

No comments:

Post a Comment